Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Let Me See How You Walk!

Jeremiah 21; Jeremiah 24; Jeremiah 27; Psalm 118; 1 John 2
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture


1 John 2

6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Observation

By the way some people talk you would think that they are super Christians, but then you take notice that their walk does not match their talk! Someone has said that talk is cheap! It is easy to say something, but living out what you say is entirely a different story. The goal of our lives should be just this, “to walk as Jesus did”!

Have you ever watched a young child imitate their Dad? It can be pretty cute…until that child starts imitating his Dad’s bad language, or when the child gets older he/she begins to imitate the Dad’s drinking, or doing drugs, or his immoral lifestyle…then it is no longer cute! It becomes terribly sad!


Application

It is the main goal in my life to walk like Jesus. I don’t ever want to do something that will bring disgrace, dishonor on the One that lives in me. My children are grown, but I still want them to see Jesus when they look at Mom and Dad and I sure want my grandchildren to see Jesus in me.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be 100% genuine today. I want to be real. I want people to be able to see Jesus when they look at my life. Help me walk as Jesus did. I want to bring you Glory today. Show me my sins today. I want to be clean. I want to do your will today. You are worthy of my praise! I pray for our friends in Cozumel, Chetumal, Playa Del Carmen and Cancun that you keep them safe and then use them to be your witnesses after this storm. Amen.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

2 comments:

Paulette said...

Great post Eddy, and so true. I hope you and Kathy are doing well. I have been out to the lake for the past several days, with Laura and Danna. We did some boating and swimming alot and great fellowship. We are all going to be out there for Labor day weekend so we can see Kevin and Laura off. It will be hard but good. Take care, tell Kath hi.

Eddy Williams said...

Paulette,

Thanks for taking time to read my blog and for writing me. You are very kind! Wish that we could be with you guys up at the lake. It sounds like fun. We love you! Eddy