Monday, August 06, 2007

No Matter What I Will Praise Him!

Habakkuk 1; Habakkuk 2; Habakkuk 3; John 8
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Habakkuk 3

17 Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,
18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.
19 The Sovereign LORD is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to go on the heights.

Observation

We have just returned from a mission trip to Tlaxcala, Mexico and I still have not even unpacked everything from the trip. One of the things that always makes an impression on me when I go on mission trips to Mexico or Cuba is the fact that the believers in those countries seem happier than us Americans. Their lives are a lot less complicated because they don’t have the material possessions that we have.

The more possessions that we pile up the more complicated our lives become. Habakkuk says that even if Habakkuk doesn’t have anything he will still rejoice in the Lord and he will still be joyful in God his Savior. His relationship with God is enough, and he doesn’t need anything else to bring him joy. How about us? Is that true of you and me this morning. Is He enough?


Application

Why not take an inventory of the stuff in your life and ask yourself this question “Is any of this stuff standing in the way of my relationship with God?” Is He enough?



Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me be content with my life and help me live with less. Help me to really live like my relationship with you is enough for me. Thank you for providing for my daily needs. Help me be a better steward of what you have blessed me with. You are so good to me. Thank you for showering me with so many blessings. Help those made decisions for you in Mexico to grow and may a church be started in both communities where we worked this past week. Bless those Mexican Christians that will disciple these new converts. You are my strength. You are my sovereign Lord that is worthy to be praised!



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: