Thursday, August 09, 2007

How is Your Imagination?

Jeremiah 3; Jeremiah 4; John 11
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

John 11

43 When he had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, "Lazarus, come out!" 44 The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen, and a cloth around his face.
Jesus said to them, "Take off the grave clothes and let him go."

Observation

Have you ever read a portion of scripture and then sort of thought through how it would have happened in real life? Take the story of Lazarus being brought back to life for instance. As I was listening to the story and reading along (you can listen to the passage being read if you go to http://enewhope.org/bible/ and by the way the guy reading in the NIV version is awesome) I thought about Lazarus trying to get out of that grave/cave when Jesus said, “Lazarus, come out!”

How did he do it? He was wrapped with strips of linen on both his hands and feet, and face. He must have been placed in a horizontal position when he was buried; I doubt that they left his body standing upright in the grave. Have you ever tried to get up with your hands wrapped, feet wrapped, and head covered? But maybe if you had died and someone had brought you back to life, and then that same person had told you to get up and move…maybe just maybe…and probably…you wouldn’t even realize that you had those grave clothes on. I believe that you would get out of that tomb one way or another and you would do it quickly!


Jesus says, that if you have not received Him as Lord and Savior that you are dead in your sins. You have grave clothes on right now! If you come to Him the Bible says, that He will set you free! What is keeping you from having eternal life in Jesus Christ? Jesus wants to set you free right now!


Application

We serve a God that has power over even death! And His resurrection power lives in me! Today, I will acknowledge and depend on that power to help me deal with the stuff that comes my way!




Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for the power to live this life that you have called me to live. Thank you for your Word that brings me strength and encouragement. I love your Word. I smile as I read this story about Lazarus coming out of the grave with those grave clothes on. I can only imagine how powerful of a testimony he had after he returned home. How many people must have placed their faith in you after hearing his story! You are so Powerful, so Wonderful; you are so Worthy to be Praised! Amen.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: