Tuesday, August 14, 2007

“You Believe at Last!”

Jeremiah 16; Jeremiah 17; Psalm 96; John 16
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

John 16

31 "You believe at last!" Jesus answered.

Observation

How many of us have people we love who just don’t get it yet? They can’t seem to understand that Jesus loves them and that they don’t have to live the life that they are now living. Duh…they just don’t get it!

The disciples were the same way, even though they had spent three years with Jesus; 24/7 with Jesus for three years they still didn’t believe. Finally in John 16, moments or maybe a few hours before Jesus is arrested and goes to the cross they finally get it and Jesus exclaims, “You believe at last!”

I am looking forward to the day when some in my family come to that same pivotal place, where they finally believe. It will be such a joy for me when they finally quit trying to live without Jesus and begin to live for Him! There will be no greater joy for Kathy and me!


Application

Hang in there!

Hang in there with those who are not walking with our Lord and I encourage you to continue to be their light and I encourage you to be salt until …they believe at last!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I will not give up on the people around me. As they walk in darkness and as they continue to stumble I will continue to be a light to them with the hope that they will finally believe in you. Open their eyes so they can believe. Give them spiritual sight so they can believe in Jesus. Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: