Saturday, February 22, 2014

“Be Healed!” Instantly The Leprosy Disappeared And The Man Was Healed.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Numbers 10; Numbers 11; Psalm 27; Mark 1

“Be Healed!”

Instantly

The Leprosy Disappeared And The Man Was Healed. 

Scripture

Mark 1

40 A man with leprosy came and knelt in front of Jesus, begging to be healed. “If you are willing, you can heal me and make me clean,” he said.

41 Moved with compassion, Jesus reached out and touched him. “I am willing,” he said. “Be healed!” 42 Instantly the leprosy disappeared, and the man was healed.
 
Observation

I only saw one man with leprosy while I was in India. He came up while we were sharing the Gospel with a group of people in a village. He sat off to the side by himself, smiled and listened intently to everything that was shared. I had planned to go over and pray for him but when I turned around he was gone.

My heart went out to him. I did pray for him and since then I have thought about him a lot. Does he get to see his family? I am sure that he is not able to touch and hold his grandchildren if he has any. Does everyone shun him? Does he have medicine that will help him with the open sores?

What he needed that day was Jesus! If he places his faith in the Lord Jesus Christ I know that God will take care of him. God may or may not cure him of the leprosy, but God will take care of him.

I think that if God had instantaneously healed people like this man with leprosy while we were in those villages praying for them even though that would have been wonderful it may have caused all of us to glory more in the miraculous healing than glorifying the God who did the healing. It is okay with me if the healing comes later. I know that God heard our prayers for the sick and He will respond.

I know that today I am still praying for that man with leprosy for both his salvation and his healing.

Application

I will continue to pray for those that are sick and I will not give up.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, nothing is too hard for You. There is no sickness that You cannot heal. I know that You can respond to my prayer for that man with leprosy and You can heal him right now. I put him in Your hands and I ask that You have mercy on him and touch his body with healing. I pray that You also guide someone to him that can share the Gospel with him so that he can be saved. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: