Wednesday, February 26, 2014

“Don’t Be Afraid. Just Have Faith.”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Numbers 19; Numbers 20; Psalm 28; Mark 5

“Don’t

Be Afraid.

Just Have Faith.”

Scripture

Mark 5

35 While he was still speaking to her, messengers arrived from the home of Jairus, the leader of the synagogue. They told him, “Your daughter is dead. There’s no use troubling the Teacher now.”
36 But Jesus overheard them and said to Jairus, “Don’t be afraid. Just have faith.”

37 Then Jesus stopped the crowd and wouldn’t let anyone go with him except Peter, James, and John (the brother of James). 38 When they came to the home of the synagogue leader, Jesus saw much commotion and weeping and wailing. 39 He went inside and asked, “Why all this commotion and weeping? The child isn’t dead; she’s only asleep.”

40 The crowd laughed at him. But he made them all leave, and he took the girl’s father and mother and his three disciples into the room where the girl was lying. 41 Holding her hand, he said to her, “Talitha koum,” which means “Little girl, get up!”

 42 And the girl, who was twelve years old, immediately stood up and walked around! They were overwhelmed and totally amazed. 43 Jesus gave them strict orders not to tell anyone what had happened, and then he told them to give her something to eat.

Observation

Don’t be afraid. Just have faith. This is what Jesus told Jairus after Jairus was told that his daughter was dead. Jairus had gone to get Jesus so that Jesus could heal his dying daughter, but along the way they were delayed as Jesus healed a woman who had been sick for a long time and had spent all of her money on doctors who had only made her worse.

When we are afraid it is always a sign of unbelief. Over and over and over again in scripture we are told, “Don’t be afraid. Just have faith.” There is a good reason why God has to repeat this so many times in His Word, we are hard headed. 

Fear is our natural response to circumstances. We immediately think of the worse case scenario instead of trusting in an All-Powerful-God. In the middle of the night when you begin to think of things what begins to happen – fear begins to creep in.

Jairus had nothing to fear. He was with Jesus.

You and I have nothing to fear. “… Greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world.” 1 John 4:4

Application

When fear tries to creep in I will trust Jesus and quote His promises.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You have said in Your word, “Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.” “…When I am afraid, I will put my trust in you. I praise You for what You have promised. I trust in You, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me? Isaiah 41:10   Psalm 56:3-4 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: