Friday, February 21, 2014

Paul Went In And Prayed For Him, And Laying His Hands On Him, He Healed Him.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Numbers 8; Numbers 9; Acts 28

Paul Went In 

And Prayed For Him,

And Laying His Hands On Him, He Healed Him.

Scripture

Acts 28

As it happened, Publius’s father was ill with fever and dysentery. Paul went in and prayed for him, and laying his hands on him, he healed him.

Observation


You and I have the opportunity to do just like the Apostle Paul did in Acts 28. We can lay hands on the sick and ask our God to heal them. While we were in India we had the opportunity every day to lay hands on people and pray for them to be healed and ask God to bless them.

One of the girls that was living at the Holy Wings boarding school where we were staying while we were in India had her mother show up one day to tell her that her father was dying of Malaria. She was going to take the daughter to see him before he died. The little girl was probably around 8 years old. All of us were heart broken and tears were flowing. Our team circled around the mom and the daughter, we laid hands on them and we asked our God to save her father.

It was a few days later that we heard that the father was doing better and a week later the father was back home. God had healed him. Praise God! We serve a powerful and wonderful God!

We prayed for men and women who were too sick to get up from their cots. We prayed with faith knowing that our God hears us and He delights in us and He loves to answer our prayers. Those in the villages we walked in served gods made with human hands. Their gods were powerless to help them in their times of need. We introduced them to the One true God who can heal them, who can save them and who cares about them.

As I shared my testimony with the Indian people about how God had brought me back to life because of the prayers of so many people it became clear to me that I am alive today as a demonstration of God’s Mighty power to heal and to save. I wasn’t brought back to life a little over two years ago for my benefit. I was allowed to live so I could go to places like India (and Tampa) to share with them and show them the mighty power of my God.

As I shared with them I would unbutton my shirt and show them how the surgeon had cut open my chest and worked on my heart for 14 hours and then I showed them my pacemaker/defibrillator. I told them that my surgeon had shared with his assistant that I was not going to survive. Then I told them that God had brought me back to life just so I could tell them about His mighty power!

You should have seen their eyes! The Indian pastor that worked in that village said, “we have never heard of God doing something like that before.”

Application


I will continue to brag on the Mighty power of our God. How about you? 


Prayer

Heavenly Father, You have called us to be Your hands and feet. Show us who You want us to pray for. We will watch You do miracles. Nothing is too hard for You.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: