Thursday, February 27, 2014

He Had Compassion On Them Because They Were Like Sheep Without A Shepherd.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Numbers 21; Numbers 22; Numbers 23; Mark 6; Mark 7 

He Had Compassion On Them Because 

They Were Like Sheep

Without A Shepherd.

Scripture

Mark 6

34 Jesus saw the huge crowd as he stepped from the boat, and he had compassion on them because they were like sheep without a shepherd. So he began teaching them many things.

Observation

One of the many images still fresh in my mind from my recent Mission trip to Southern India were the many shepherds herding their flocks of sheep along the roadside. The shepherds had long poles to keep the sheep in order as they walked along the road in the middle of traffic.

Buses, cars, ox carts, and motorcycles all shared the road with the flock of sheep being led by usually several shepherds. Draped over the shoulders of the shepherds would be baby lambs too small to walk along the dangerous road. It was amazing how those shepherds directed those sheep. I couldn’t imagine those sheep without a shepherd!

When we got off the road and went into the surrounding villages crowds of people came to the medical clinics and received medicines and eye glasses and heard the Gospel. They were introduced to the Good Shepherd Jesus Christ!

People in our city need our Savior. They need Jesus!  

Application

I will have compassion on the people that I see today because many of them are sheep without a Shepherd.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, because You are my Shepherd I have everything I need. You let me rest in the meadow grass and lead me beside the quiet streams. You give me new strength. You help me do what honors You the most. Even when walking through the dark valley of death I will not be afraid, for You are close beside me, guarding, guiding all the way. You provide delicious food for me in the presence of my enemies. You have welcomed me as Your guest; blessings overflow! Your goodness and unfailing kindness shall be with me all of my life, and afterwards I will live with You forever in your home. Psalm 23:1-6

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: