Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Have Mercy On Me, O God, Because Of Your Unfailing Love.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
2 Samuel 11; 2 Samuel 12; Psalm 51; Matthew 23

Have Mercy On Me,

O God,

Because Of Your Unfailing Love. 

Scripture

Psalm 51

Have mercy on me, O God,
    because of your unfailing love.

Observation

King David wrote Psalm 51 after committing adultery with Bathsheba and after having her husband murdered. He wrote this after the prophet Nathan confronted him about his heinous crime.

Murder and Adultery are two things that you and I have probably already committed in our hearts too so don’t think too hard of King David and his sin. We are sinners just like him.

We all deserve death and punishment.

All of us need to cry out, “Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me.”

David knew God. He knew that God was a God of unfailing love. His love is unfailing for us too.

Talk to him today. Better yet, let’s cry out to Him today and plead for mercy because of His unfailing love.

Application

I will cry out today for God’s mercy.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, my heart goes out to You today. You are my God. Have mercy on me. Have mercy on those who I am praying for that need Your help so desperately in their marriages and in their relationships. Change their hearts, O God. Change their hearts. There is nothing too hard for You. Have mercy on me by having mercy on them. I cry out to You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: