Friday, May 30, 2014

A Reliable Messenger Brings Healing

Proverbs 13; Proverbs 14; Proverbs 15; Romans 11

A Reliable
Messenger
Brings Healing
Scripture
17 An unreliable messenger stumbles into trouble,
but a reliable messenger brings healing.
Observation
It was in the 1970's when Dr. Clemmie Moore (Pastor Bruce Moore's Mom and Dr. Waylon Moore's wife) told me that Proverbs 25:13 was her verse for me.

I wrote a note in my study Bible when she gave me that verse.

She told me that I was like that faithful messenger.
Wow! I never forgot her words of encouragement to me. When I read Proverbs 13:17 and read reliable messenger it made me crank out my old study Bible and look at Proverbs 25:13
Trustworthy messengers refresh like snow in summer.
They revive the spirit of their employer.”
I have thought about her conversation with me a lot over the years. She probably never realized how important this gesture was in my life. For her to believe in me was huge.

I am proud of the men and women that God has now called into leadership at Christ Fellowship.

May someone speak powerful words of encouragement into their lives just as Clemmie Moore did into mine.

Application

I will look for someone to encourage, giving them a verse of scripture just like Clemmie Moore did for me.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me encourage people that are faithfully serving You. Help me to use Your Word to spur them on. Your Word is powerful and living. I pray for those struggling with relationships right now. Help them to listen to Your voice and not the voices of those living in the world. Help my friends who have drifted from regular church attendance and have gotten into the habit of staying home on Sundays. Speak to them and bring them back. You are Worthy of Praise!
http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: