Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Heaven And Earth Will Disappear, But My Words Will Never Disappear.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
2 Samuel 13; 2 Samuel 14; Matthew 24

Heaven And Earth

Will Disappear,

But My Words Will Never Disappear.

Scripture

Matthew 24

35 Heaven and earth will disappear, but my words will never disappear.

Observation

Have you taken time to read God’s Word today?

What is the first thing you in when you get up in the morning? To be honest the very first thing I do is make coffee and then I turn on my computer (I read my Bible and write my blog on my computer) and then with a fresh cup of coffee I enjoy God’s word. Just a few minutes ago Kathy brought me my second cup of coffee. (Yes, I am spoiled!)

Kathy and I try not doing anything else before reading God’s Word. I have to admit that every once in a while we turn on the TV and watch the Today Show for the first 3-4 minutes to find out what has happened in our world overnight. We did that for a few days after the airplane disappeared And every once in a while I may click on a facebook message and respond to it before I read God’s Word. I know better every time I do it!

I am amazed at how few of the people that attend our church actually read God’s Word on a daily basis? How often do you read God’s Word?

Do you believe this verse to be true?

    For the word of God is full of living power. It is sharper than the sharpest knife, cutting deep into our innermost thoughts and desires. It exposes us for what we really are. Hebrews 4:12

You and I only really believe it if we are reading God’s Word on a daily basis.

    How can a young person stay pure? By obeying your word and following its rules.
I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. Psalm 119:9,11

Application

 I will continue to strongly encourage men and women to read God’s Word on a daily basis. 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Your laws are wonderful. No wonder I obey them! The teaching of your word gives light, so even the simple can understand. I pant with expectation, longing for your commands. Come and show me your mercy, as you do for all who love your name. Guide my steps by your word, so I will not be overcome by evil. Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path. Psalm 119:129-133, 105

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: