Saturday, May 03, 2014

Whoever Wants To Be A Leader Among You Must Be Your Servant


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
2 Samuel 7; 1 Chronicles 17; Psalm 2; Matthew 20

Whoever

Wants To Be A Leader

Among You Must Be Your Servant

Scripture

Matthew 20

26 But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant,
 
27 and whoever wants to be first among you must become your slave.
 
28 For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

Observation

This is a great passage for me getting ready for Sunday! Tomorrow I have the chance to serve others and today I am reminded by God just how important it is to have a servant attitude as I get ready for Sunday!

Do you ever think about that on Saturday … getting ready to serve on Sunday? At our church if you are wearing a “Start Something Good” orange t-shirt you are marked as person who serves!

I think it is wonderful to see so many people on Sunday proudly wearing “orange” and serving one another!

So get out your orange t-shirt and be ready to serve God tomorrow by serving people.

Don’t have an orange t-shirt but you would like to serve? Just ask someone wearing an orange t-shirt tomorrow and they would be glad to sign you up to serve!

Now I know that Sunday is not the only time we are supposed to serve others but Sunday does provide us a great opportunity.


Application


 I will wear my orange t-shirt tomorrow and I will be ready to serve. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that I am not here on planet earth to have people serve me. I understand that by serving those around me I am serving You. Give me a servant’s heart. Help me please You by serving others.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: