Monday, October 16, 2006

Encouragement to Endure!

1 Corinthians 15

Scripture

1 Corinthians 15:58 “Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.”

Observation

The earthquake in Hawaii has shut down the web site where I usually read my Bible reading for my journaling so I am using my daily devotional from our small group Bible study this morning!

The Apostle Paul finishes up his letter to the church at Corinth with some huge words of encouragement! Isn’t it great when people encourage you! Life is tough and we desperately need encouragers in our lives!

Application

This week I am going to try to be an encouragement to someone everyday! Why don’t you try to do the same!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me think less about myself this week and more about the people around me. Help me be an encourager this week. Bring people into my life that will also encourage me. Thank you for your word of encouragement this morning!



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Please note that earthquake in Hawaii has shut down their website this morning!

2 comments:

Paulette said...

Hey Eddy, Great minds think alike, I blogged on this today as well. Thanks for the encouragement!
Well we will be in Tampa in one week, hard to believe. We are bringing a surprise visitor, you will never guess who?? She can't wait to see ya'll either.
Ok Ill tell ya Carolyn Cleveland and she is so excited.
I am excited to see you both.
Take care, and love ya'll.

Eddy Williams said...

Paulette,

You have the great mind! Glad that you are coming down. Looking forward to seeing you next week!

Love,

Eddy