Saturday, October 07, 2006

What Kind of God do You Serve?

Ezra 7; Ezra 8; Luke 20

Scripture

Luke 20:36-38 “and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God's children, since they are children of the resurrection. But in the account of the bush, even Moses showed that the dead rise, for he calls the Lord 'the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.' He is not the God of the dead, but of the living, for to him all are alive."

Observation

Those that came to trick Jesus were severely rebuked for their bad theology! The Sadducees came asking Jesus a trick question about the resurrection. The question was that if someone was married 7 times here on earth, which one of those spouses would be married to the person in Heaven. The Sadducees didn’t even believe in the resurrection and they thought that they had found a contradiction. He answered them by going to scripture and using the story of Moses and the burning bush. When God spoke to Moses at the burning bush He said, “I Am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” We serve a Living God. Jesus Christ did not stay in the tomb. He is Alive!

Application

Since I serve a Living God and He has allowed me to become one of His children I need to act like it. At the end of this chapter Jesus said that the false teachers would be punished most severely. People that misrepresent Him will pay for it. I need to make sure that I set an example that helps people follow Him and not causes people to stumble!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you that I serve You and You are a Living God. I am one of your children. Everything in your kingdom I can enjoy because I belong to You. You are worthy to be Praised. Help me reflect your Glory today. You are the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, and the God of Eddy.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

3 comments:

Beth said...

AND THE GOD OF BETH!

I hope that I show everyday by my words and actions that I am a child of God! That Christ is my Lord and Savior! That there is more out there then the deceptions the WORLD Deceivers are offering!!
That what Christ offers is the TRUTH!!

A pretentious, showy life is an empty life; a plain and simple life is a full life.

Proverbs 13:7 (The Message)

Thank You Eddy for your blog today,
this is what it stirred in me today! Hopefully, I will find the time to write on my own blog! ;-}

Beth
lordsdaughter.blogspot.bom

Beth said...

oops lordsdaughter.blogspot.com

Eddy Williams said...

Beth,

Good Word! I looked on your blog yesterday to see if you had written anything!

Eddy