Friday, October 06, 2006

All the People Hung on His Words!

Esther 9; Esther 10; Luke 19

Scripture

Luke 19:47 “Every day he was teaching at the temple. But the chief priests, the teachers of the law and the leaders among the people were trying to kill him. Yet they could not find any way to do it, because all the people hung on his words.”

Observation

In this chapter we find Zacchaeus climbing up a tree just to see and maybe hear Jesus. Crowds of people constantly followed Jesus just to hear him, but a group of his enemies tried to listen to him just to find something to use against him and kill him! But in verse 48 of this chapter we find that those enemies couldn’t find any way to kill Jesus because the people “hung on his words”. His Word is amazing! Everyday it speaks to my heart! I love to hang on every Word that God has written. It is exciting to read everyday something new from His Word! May we all develop the habit of “Hanging on every Word”.

Application

Scripture Memory and Meditation are the best ways of “hanging on to His Word”. I plan to meditate all day on what I have read this morning!



Prayer

Heavenly Father, may the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing and acceptable to you. Help me today to think about your Word. Please bring to my mind verses that will encourage me as I serve You today.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Eddy,

The Lord knows that I needed these words, his Word, Today more than any day!!! I am torn, my heart aches for the ones I love and I tell myself that I know what I need to do, but part of me still says...is this what Jesus would do?
That is a hard question to answer for me. I can't picture Jesus having had to deal with same exact situation that I am in today and that makes it hard for me. I think you know what I mean. The sins and temptations are just so different in this day and age. I know it is all still sin, but times have changed! do you understand what I am trying to say here? I wanted to post this because others may have the same question but not the courage to ask!

Lord Please Give me strength and courage to do what is right! To do your will not Mine!

Beth

Eddy Williams said...

Beth,

Maybe instead of "what would Jesus do", it would be better if we said, "what would Jesus be".

As Christ lives in us, He is experiencing everything that we are dealing with. The sins and temptations of today are coming from the same evil source were they have always come. The world is moving on a down hill course and is becoming a worse place to live. We are in the "End Times". But I believe that it is still going to become a lot worse than it is even today!

Eddy