Tuesday, October 03, 2006

In Hell and Full of Regrets!

Ezra 5; Ezra 6; Psalm 138; Luke 16

Scripture

Luke 16:27"He answered, 'Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my father's house, for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.'

Observation

The rich man that is now in hell spent his time on earth in self-indulgence! He was only concerned about his own pleasure. Even in hell his first request to Abraham was to have him send over Lazarus and drop some water in his mouth because he was in torment. Then he does think about his 5 brothers that are still alive on earth and he tries to get Abraham to send Lazarus to go warn them so they could repent and not go to hell. His concern for his brothers came too late!


Application

Who is facing an eternity in hell that you and I need to warn today! Lets not wait until it is too late!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, burden me for the lost around me. Help me not be like the rich man in this story and not tell them. Give me boldness, give me compassion, give me the love for people and give me opportunities to share with them.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Eddy,
My trouble has been finding that place in the middle. A safe balance between self endulgence and
overload in helping others. I usually tend to do for others before I do for myself and burn myself out in the process. I pray for God's help in finding the right balance for ME! So that I can truly be of benefit to others and take care of my needs so that I will be healthy enough to continue to help others.

Does that make sense? I get too tired sometimes to do enough sharing. God give me strength and courage.

Eddy Williams said...

Beth,

Balance is a constant struggle for all of us.

You make perfect sense. Your prayer is the key! God wants to give us the strength and courage to make this journey!