Friday, October 27, 2006

Hard Hearts, Dense, Deaf, and Blind!

Job 18; Psalm 114; Acts 27; Acts 28

Scripture

Acts 28:26-28 "Go to this people and say,
"You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving."
27For this people's heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.'
28"Therefore I want you to know that God's salvation has been sent to the Gentiles, and they will listen!"

Observation

Have you ever witnessed to someone that just did not get it? They did not understand, they could not hear, and they were blind to the Gospel. It is frustrating, especially if this is someone that you love very much, like a husband, or one of your children, or a very good friend. Paul writes in 2 Cor. 4 that Satan has blinded folks and they can’t see or understand the Gospel. So what do we do? We never give up!

I witnessed to someone several months ago that has terminal cancer. He was very angry with God and had nothing good to say about Him. It was difficult to visit him because he didn’t even want me to pray for him. He said that when I prayed for him only bad things happened to him.

I have gone back and visited with him several times over the past couple of weeks and I am amazed! This guy is now studying the Bible all day long and super excited about what he is reading. After listening to him praise God and share with me everything that he is learning from the Word, he asked, “Would you pray for me!” What has happened in this man’s life? He now has understanding and he is no longer blind! He is hearing God speak to him. It is truly amazing!


Application

I am going to ask God to show me who the next guy is that needs a visit!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for giving spiritual sight to this man. Father, I pray for healing for him. I pray that you remove the cancer completely. Bless this man as he reads your Word today. I pray that you open the eyes of others and let our people have the joy of witnessing to them! Show me who needs a visit and give me the boldness and concern to go!



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: