Monday, October 23, 2006

Keep on Speaking…Because I Have Many People in This City!

Job 13; Job 14; Acts 17; Acts 18

Scripture

Acts 18:7-11 Then Paul left the synagogue and went next door to the house of Titius Justus, a worshiper of God. 8Crispus, the synagogue ruler, and his entire household believed in the Lord; and many of the Corinthians who heard him believed and were baptized.
9One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision: "Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent. 10For I am with you, and no one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city." 11So Paul stayed for a year and a half, teaching them the word of God.

Observation

Have you ever wondered how many people God has for us to reach in our city? Paul was in Corinth and must have been a little discouraged. God spoke to him in a vision and said, “Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent. For I am with you, and no one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city.” It is easy to get discouraged isn’t it? We have a lot of people to reach in Tampa. There is not enough time to be sidelined with discouragement!

Application

I will not be silent this week. I will not be discouraged. God is with me.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for your love. Thank you for this word of encouragement. Show me the people that you have in this city. Help us reach them for you.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eddy, Just wanted to thank you again for the conference this weekend. And to thank you for your blog, it's always there when I need to hear the word at work.

Eddy Williams said...

Thanks for attending the conference. I ordered the CD with all the Saddleback videos and it is in the mail.

See you Wednesday evening!

Eddy