Friday, March 02, 2007

Who is The Greatest?

Numbers 30; Numbers 31; Mark 9
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Who is Greatest?

Mark 9:33-37

33 They came to Capernaum. When he was in the house, he asked them, "What were you arguing about on the road?" 34 But they kept quiet because on the way they had argued about who was the greatest.
35 Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, "If anyone wants to be first, he must be the very last, and the servant of all."
36 He took a little child and had him stand among them. Taking him in his arms, he said to them, 37 "Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me."

Observation

Who is the greatest? Did you ever play king of the mountain when you were a kid? Everybody wants to be the king! When our R.A. boys line up at church to be able to go out on the playground you should see them scramble for the first place in line. They all want to be leader! Adults tend to do the same thing! Have you ever watched people at a potluck dinner line up? Some people always seem to be up at the first of the line. There are people that always want to be chairman, president or leader, but they want the position because it is a position that puts them at the top. Jesus said, “If anyone wants to be first, he must be the very last, and the servant of all." If you want to be great in God’s eyes then you have to practice being a “servant”. It means letting others go first, letting others lead, and letting others get the praise!



Application

Ask God today to give you a servant’s heart!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me be more interested in the needs of others and less interested in my own needs and wants. Show me how to serve as I go through this day. Point out to me the people I need to help.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: