Monday, March 12, 2007

Severe Cure for a Rebellious Child!

Deuteronomy 19; Deuteronomy 20; Deuteronomy 21; Galatians 3
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

A Rebellious Son

Deuteronomy 21:18 If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, 19 his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. 20 They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard." 21 Then all the men of his town shall stone him to death. You must purge the evil from among you. All Israel will hear of it and be afraid.


Observation

I wonder how many parents actually took their rebellious child out and had the elders stone them to death. I can hear parents now using that threat and I believe that any child would have straightened up after just one warning. Straighten up or we are going to the elders. If you had a rock in your hands as you warned them I believe they would have got the message. It is so different today isn’t it.

Application

All of us tend to be rebellious against God and God warns us that there are severe consequences to our rebellion. Repent! Turn to God!



Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for those that are dealing with rebellious children. It breaks my heart that those very close to me are not walking with you. I pray that I will live to see them in a right relationship with you. They will never know your joy unless they repent and put you first!



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: