Saturday, March 03, 2007

Rich…What’s the Problem!

Numbers 32; Numbers 33; Mark 10
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

The Rich Young Man

Mark 10:17-22 As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him. "Good teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?"
18 "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good—except God alone. 19 You know the commandments: 'Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not give false testimony, do not defraud, honor your father and mother."
20 "Teacher," he declared, "all these I have kept since I was a boy."
21 Jesus looked at him and loved him. "One thing you lack," he said. "Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."
22 At this the man's face fell. He went away sad, because he had great wealth.

Observation

We are the richest country in the world. We are all very rich! What are we doing with our wealth? Are we consuming it on ourselves? Jesus looked at this rich young man and the scriptures state that Jesus loved him. I wonder how long he looked at the young man before he said, “Go, sell everything!” One of the saddest verses in the Bible is Mark 10:22 “At this the man’s face fell. He went away sad, because he had great wealth.”


Application

What is God leading you to do in the area of giving? We are rich! How much are we spending on ourselves and how much are we giving away!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that you are speaking to me in this area of giving. I want to please you and I want to trust you with everything that I have. Help me to hear your voice and know when to give and how much. Help me not to be selfish. It all belongs to you!



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: