Sunday, March 25, 2007

Does it Pass The “Glory” Test?

Joshua 21; Joshua 22; Psalm 47; 1 Corinthians 10
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

1 Corinthians 10:31 “So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.”

Observation

Have you ever heard someone give this argument about drinking alcohol, well in the Bible the people drank wine? Drinking wine is not the real issue is it, but rather it is the motivation behind drinking the wine. Is it something that is going to bring God glory? Now if you are drinking wine as part of a Lord’s Supper celebration then yes, but if you are drinking wine for some kind of “physical high” then no! This goes for anything and everything that we do it needs to bring God glory! Does it pass the “Glory” test! Is what I am doing all about “me” or is what I am doing or about to do all about “Him”. It is an easy test for every area of our lives!


Application

What am I going to be involved in today that needs to be put to the “Glory” test!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me today make decisions based on you and what will bring you glory rather than what I like or what I want. Examine my heart today and reveal anything ugly in my heart so I can get it right with you. This is your day we will rejoice and be glad in it!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: