Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Putting Away Childish Ways!

Judges 4; Judges 5; Psalm 39; Psalm 41; 1 Corinthians 13
Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Scripture

1 Corinthians 13:11 “When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.”


Observation

When you were a kid did you ever get mad when playing with your friends and just stomp off and go home taking your toys with you? Paul says that for kids it is the natural thing to do, but now as adults we need to stop those childish ways. We still have church members that get upset, pout up and go somewhere else to play taking their toys and family with them. They jump from one church to the other and as long as they get their way they are happy, but just let something happen that they don’t agree with and it is very easy for them to pick up their toys and go somewhere else to play.

How sad!

Plant your life in a fellowship and stick it out! You are going to have disagreements, you are going to get hurt by people, you will be disappointed sometimes, but if you hang in there you will build life long friends; and these friends will be your support through life’s most difficult times.


Application

I will re-read I Corinthians 13 one more time and think about the depth of my love for my brothers and sisters at Tampa Baptist.



Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for every person in our church even those people that don’t like me. In fact, Lord will you bless them extra today. Help me to hang in there with people that tend to be a pain. Help me to respond to people in a Christ-like way!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: