Tuesday, March 13, 2007

You are Adopted; You are Adopted!

Deuteronomy 22; Deuteronomy 23; Deuteronomy 24; Galatians 4
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Galatians 4:4-7 “But when the time arrived that was set by God the Father, God sent his Son, born among us of a woman, born under the conditions of the law so that he might redeem those of us who have been kidnapped by the law. Thus we have been set free to experience our rightful heritage. You can tell for sure that you are now fully adopted as his own children because God sent the Spirit of his Son into our lives crying out, "Papa! Father!" Doesn't that privilege of intimate conversation with God make it plain that you are not a slave, but a child? And if you are a child, you're also an heir, with complete access to the inheritance.”

Observation

When we were little my brother had very blond hair and my two sisters and myself were all brown haired. He really did look adopted. To pick at him we would chant, “you are adopted, you are adopted”! He would get furious and we would probably eventually make him cry. The idea we were conveying as we made fun of him was that he was not like us, and that he wasn’t really part of the family like we were. Now the truth of adoption is entirely different than that. Adoption gives the child or person full rights just like someone that is born into a family naturally. God loves us so much that He adopts us into his family and gives us full inheritance! In fact, unless you have been adopted into God’s family you are not going to Heaven! Heaven is only for us adopted kids! Not all the people on this earth are God’s children only those that have been adopted by Him. Have you been adopted yet?

Application

Have you been adopted? Are you enjoying all the spiritual blessings that God has provided us?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for allowing me to be one of your children. I don’t deserve it. Help me be all that you want me to be today. Thank you for giving me so much!



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

2 comments:

luvdarodeo said...

That's cool you used that passage. I read the same passage yesterday in my daily reading. I found the journal I bought from church over a year ago and I done 3 days worth in 2006! I picked it up and decided I would do it every day before I go to work. So now at 5:45am it's me and God's time. I've been doing it for 2 weeks now - just about. It's amazing how much better I feel about life and situations in life! Just that 15 minutes of me, God and the Bible is miraculous how it affects the other 23 hrs and 45 minutes of my day!!!!!!! God is Wonderful no doubt and I am sure glad to be adopted! Thanks! Sandra

Eddy Williams said...

Sandra,

I am proud of you. Keep doing your journal until you make it a habit! That is very neat!

Keep it up!

Eddy