Tuesday, September 16, 2008

God Can’t Allow Sin Into Heaven

Ezekiel 40; Ezekiel 41; Psalm 128; Revelation 21
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Revelation 21

27 Nothing evil will be allowed to enter, nor anyone who practices shameful idolatry and dishonesty—but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.

Observation

If God does not allow sin into Heaven then how can sinful man enter in? The penalty of our sin must be paid for before we can enter into Heaven, but what can take away this penalty of sin? Jesus Christ came and lived on this earth and He lived a sinless life so that He could offer His sinless life on the cross for our sinful lives. He covered over our sins on the cross with His sinless life.

When we put our trust and our faith in Christ and accept what He did on the cross for us then our sins are forgiven and forgotten by God and we are allowed entrance into Heaven through the blood sacrifice of His Son on the cross. Then our names are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.

The old hymn that states, “What can wash away my sins, nothing but the blood of Jesus” is so true for me today. How about you?

Application

I am going to ask someone today if their name is written in the Lamb’s Book of Life and if they say “yes” I am going to ask them to tell me how they know.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for writing my name in the Book of Life. Help me share with others so that their names will also be found in this most important Book. I pray for the salvation of those close to me. I pray for some close to me that profess to know You but are living lives that are out of control and are on the road to destruction. I pray that they would repent and turn back to You. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: