Friday, September 26, 2008

Do You Ever Wonder?

Ezra 4; Psalm 113; Psalm 127; Luke 9
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Luke 9

32 Peter and the others had fallen asleep. When they woke up, they saw Jesus’ glory and the two men standing with him. 33 As Moses and Elijah were starting to leave, Peter, not even knowing what he was saying, blurted out, “Master, it’s wonderful for us to be here! Let’s make three shelters as memorials—one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.” 34 But even as he was saying this, a cloud overshadowed them, and terror gripped them as the cloud covered them.

Observation

Do you ever read a passage of scripture and then stop to take a minute to ponder it or a minute to wonder about it? This is one of those passages for me I am just awed by it. To think that Moses and Elijah came down from Heaven to talk with Jesus about His future exodus from this earth - doesn’t that blow you away? God didn’t send His Angel Gabriel or Michael, no He sent guys just like you and me back to encourage Jesus. I wonder what they talked about! They may have talked about the stuff that they were busy doing in Heaven before Jesus left Heaven to come down to earth to give His life as a sacrifice for us. It wasn’t David or Abraham or Noah that came down from Heaven it was Moses and Elijah. I wonder why?

Peter was so awe struck by the whole thing that he didn’t know what to say or do! One day we will be able to talk with guys like Moses and Elijah and yes one day we will talk with Jesus like they did face to face. I can’t wait!

Application

I want to live my life in such a way that Jesus could call on me like He did Moses and Elijah.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me live my life in a way that is pleasing to you. Help me to be a man of faith like Elijah and a strong leader like Moses.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

1 comment:

Rick Morgan said...

i have always thought that Moses represented the law, Elijah represented the prophets and Jesus was the fulfillment of both.

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them - Matthew 5:17