Friday, September 05, 2008

He is a God of Mercy!

Ezekiel 25; Ezekiel 26; Ezekiel 27; Ezekiel 28; Revelation 10
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Restoration for Israel

Ezekiel 28

25 “This is what the Sovereign LORD says: The people of Israel will again live in their own land, the land I gave my servant Jacob. For I will gather them from the distant lands where I have scattered them. I will reveal to the nations of the world my holiness among my people. 26 They will live safely in Israel and build homes and plant vineyards. And when I punish the neighboring nations that treated them with contempt, they will know that I am the LORD their God.”

Observation

As bad as Israel was God told them that one-day He would restore them. He said that He would gather them back together from all the surrounding countries and they would once again live in their own land. He is going to do it because He is Sovereign and because He wants to not because they deserve it.

I am thankful that God does not give me what I deserve. He is a God of Mercy. The life that I have in Christ is not one that I deserve. He has poured out His blessings on me because He wants to not because I deserve them.

I don’t know what He has in store for modern day Israel, but I know what He has in store for me. And I am enjoying His favor and grateful that for some reason only known to Him He delights in loving me.

Application

Praise the Lord! I will thank the Lord with all my heart, as I meet with his godly people! Psalm 111:1

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I give you Praise. I want to thank you with all my heart. I don’t deserve your kindness or your blessings. I don’t deserve salvation or the relationship that I have with you. Thank you for saving me. Thank you for allowing me to become one of your children. I realize that you are constantly at work in the lives of everyone around me. It is your desire that all people be saved. I pray for my children and my grandchildren that all of them would acknowledge You and walk in your way. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: