Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What a Mighty God We Serve!

Lamentations 3; Lamentations 4; Lamentations 5; Revelation 15
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Lamentations 3

22 The faithful love of the LORD never ends!
His mercies never cease.
23 Great is his faithfulness;
his mercies begin afresh each morning.
24 I say to myself, “The LORD is my inheritance;
therefore, I will hope in him!”

Observation

His mercies are new every morning! I am glad that God’s kindness and His compassion never run out, but they are renewed every morning! God is the God of second chances. His faithful love never runs out. Jeremiah was in a tough place. God was bringing judgment on His disobedient children and Jeremiah was paying the price for being God’s spokesman. Jeremiah had to go back and remember the attributes of God and he had to grab hold of them. When things are tough it is always a good idea to look up and remember Who our Heavenly Father is: He is Faithful, Loving, Forgiving, Good, All-Powerful, All-Knowing, Eternal, Unchanging, Infinite, Everywhere-present, All-wise, Gracious, Merciful, Just, and Sovereign (and Much More)!

Application

I will think of God’s Attributes all day today!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am so thankful that you are Who You are and that You are not like me. Thank you that You still love me even when I am so unlike You. Thank you for Psalm 36:5-6 that says, “Your love is meteoric, Your loyalty is astronomic, Your purpose is titanic, Your verdicts oceanic. Yet in Your largeness nothing gets lost; Not a man, not a mouse, slips through the cracks.” In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: