Wednesday, October 01, 2008








Do Something For Those That Can’t Pay You Back!


Kathy told me
I was crazy putting this picture on my blog, but it is the reason that I haven't been able to write anything for the past few days. The doctor says that I have a "herniated disc" in my lower back. Hopefully all of the pills he has me taking will get me back up and going soon! The pain is better today!

Do Something For Those That Can’t Pay You Back!

Zechariah 10; Zechariah 11; Zechariah 12; Psalm 126; Luke 14
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Luke 14

12 Then he turned to his host. “When you put on a luncheon or a banquet,” he said, “don’t invite your friends, brothers, relatives, and rich neighbors. For they will invite you back, and that will be your only reward. 13 Instead, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, and the blind. 14 Then at the resurrection of the righteous, God will reward you for inviting those who could not repay you.”

Observation

Doing things for people that cannot pay you back is what gets you rewards in Heaven.

Application

This November, the Sunday before Thanksgiving I plan to have our entire church go to Publix and buy out their can good section and non perishables and take all of that food over to a Food Bank for folks in our city that don’t have food to eat.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for blessing us with so much. Help us help others that cannot help are not in the position to return the favor. Thank you for taking such good care of me and my family and thank you for so many friends that have been there for us. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

1 comment:

Rick Morgan said...

Welcome BACK....ha! My sick since of humor.

I changed my web address for my blog so the church page and the link from your blog need to be changed.

The old address had the word digging spelled wrong...what a genius I didn't notice it for 2 months.