Monday, October 20, 2008

Trouble, Trouble, Trouble!

Job 6; Job 7; Job 8; Acts 12
Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


Scripture

Job 6

1 Then Job spoke again:
2 “If my misery could be weighed
and my troubles be put on the scales,
3 they would outweigh all the sands of the sea.

Observation

Today is Monday and let me ask, “How is your Monday going?” It could be like Job’s day as he replied to one of his three friends he said, “If my misery could be weighed and my troubles be put on the scales they would outweigh all the sands of the sea.” Now there is a word picture!

Do your troubles or my troubles compare to Job’s – probably not, but they seem just as heavy! Jesus said in John 16:33
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world, you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

So if life is handing you a bunch of lemons today I suggest that you smile and make yourself some lemonade! In other words, “Take heart” because we (if you are a Christian like me) belong to the One Who has overcome this world!

Application

I will thank God in advance for healing me of this aching back!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for showing me what Job experienced. I can’t imagine my body being covered with maggots and scabs like his was when he voiced this complaint about his situation. His life was indeed filled with trouble and misery.

Thank you for showing me that no matter what happens to me I still have much to praise you for. I will experience victory over everything that life throws at me because of my relationship with You. Thank you for taking care of me and Kathy through many tough times. We are so blessed and we are very thankful for how good You have been to us.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: