Sunday, October 05, 2008

“What do you want me to do for you?”

Esther 3; Esther 4; Esther 5; Esther 6; Esther 7; Esther 8; Luke 18
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Luke 18

Jesus Heals a Blind Beggar

35 As Jesus approached Jericho, a blind beggar was sitting beside the road. 36 When he heard the noise of a crowd going past, he asked what was happening. 37 They told him that Jesus the Nazarene was going by. 38 So he began shouting, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!”

39 “Be quiet!” the people in front yelled at him.
But he only shouted louder, “Son of David, have mercy on me!”
40 When Jesus heard him, he stopped and ordered that the man be brought to him. As the man came near, Jesus asked him, 41 “What do you want me to do for you?”

“Lord,” he said, “I want to see!”

42 And Jesus said, “All right, receive your sight! Your faith has healed you.” 43 Instantly the man could see, and he followed Jesus, praising God. And all who saw it praised God, too.

Observation

Jesus wants us to be His Hands and His Feet in this world today. People are crying out for help and we need to ask the question, “What do you want me to do for you?” I have to admit that I have a hard heart and it is difficult for me to help people that God brings to our church during the week that are asking for help.

Most of the time I look at them and think that they are not really wanting the help that they are asking for, but the problem is I don’t have the ability to see into their hearts to make that call. It is probably true that most coming for help don’t need the help that they are requesting, but they do need our help. One day I could be the one knocking at a church door asking for help and then I would love to have someone that is like Jesus to have mercy on me!


Application

I will say “yes” to people’s requests more than I say “no” and I will take more time with people that walk in off the street looking for help.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, soften my heart!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: