Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Time Well Spent!

Ezra 9; Ezra 10; Psalm 131; Luke 21
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Luke 21

37 Every day Jesus went to the Temple to teach, and each evening he returned to spend the night on the Mount of Olives. 38 The crowds gathered at the Temple early each morning to hear him.

Observation

The Mount of Olives was a favorite spot of Jesus. He made it His place to sleep and pray often by what this verse says. It was for the most part a time for Him to be alone to pray to His Heavenly Father and a time to get off to be with His disciples. All of us need to get away from time to time just to have some one on one time with God.

Everyday Jesus was ready to face the crowds at the Temple because He had spent time with His Heavenly Father. We can face the challenges of today if we have spent time alone with God before jumping into the swirl of our daily schedules.

Application

I will spend time with the Lord first every day.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, continue to give me the desire to put You first in my life. Help me to trust You no matter what. Help me not to complain about the pain that I am having in my body these days, but instead help me to be full of gratefulness towards You for all that You are doing in my life and in the lives around me. Great is Your Faithfulness.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: