Saturday, October 04, 2008

Forgiveness is Not Optional!

Esther 1; Esther 2; Psalm 150; Luke 17
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Luke 17

“If another believer sins, rebuke that person; then if there is repentance, forgive. 4 Even if that person wrongs you seven times a day and each time turns again and asks forgiveness, you must forgive.”

Observation

I have watched in amazement how some Christians that are supposed to be mature have refused to forgive another Christian that has done them wrong. I have watched them leave our church. I have watched them refuse to talk to the person that has hurt them even to the point of turning away from them during the greeting time in the worship service. It has been both the most amazing and the most troubling thing for me to experience as pastor of a church.

They say with their attitude, their actions, their comments and even their body movements and language, “who does this person think that they are to treat me like this” and they are not about to forgive them. It is incredible and it happens way too often.

Some how Jesus’ lessons on forgiveness where missed by these folks. People like this are grumpy and are not fun to be around. Forgiveness is not optional. Jesus says, “You must forgive.”

Application

I will try to forgive people when they hurt me and not let it grow to bitterness and resentment.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to forgive and not hold a grudge. Give me your heart and your ability to forgive. I pray for our G.A.’s as they go to their special event. I pray that each young heart will be moved to serve You as missionaries when they grow up. I pray that you bless their leaders. Bless our academy and every teacher and employee and all of our academy families.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: