Friday, October 10, 2008

Heaven or Hell – The Choice is Yours

Nehemiah 3; Nehemiah 4; Luke 23
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Luke 23

39 One of the criminals hanging beside him scoffed, “So you’re the Messiah, are you? Prove it by saving yourself—and us, too, while you’re at it!”

40 But the other criminal protested, “Don’t you fear God even when you have been sentenced to die? 41 We deserve to die for our crimes, but this man hasn’t done anything wrong.” 42 Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your Kingdom.”

43 And Jesus replied, “I assure you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

Observation

Two criminals hanging on each side of Jesus, both were equally evil, both had committed terrible crimes and yet one would end up in Paradise and the other would go to Hell.

What makes the difference in whether someone goes to Heaven or Hell? The answer isn’t found in the number of good works someone has done or how evil a person has been in his or her past.

This is a remarkable story, this story of two thieves crucified beside our Savior and their conversation with Him before they died. One realized that he was being crucified next to Someone Who could save him and that thief asked Jesus to save him and Jesus did just that. This evil criminal was changed in an instant from criminal to saint and when we get to Heaven we will be able to hear his account of the whole life changing moment.

I don’t deserve Heaven and you don’t either. I don’t deserve the wonderful life that I have been allowed to live. None of us do. We are all evil just like the two guys that hung next to Jesus. The only way that you and I will ever experience Eternal Life, Heaven, and God’s forgiveness is if we ask Jesus to save us. One criminal died mocking Jesus with his dying breath and the other criminal died having Angels usher him into Heaven.

Which criminal are you? Are you on your way to Heaven or Hell?

Application

I will continue to look for people that are open and ready to hear about Jesus and that are ready to receive His forgiveness!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you that today I am beginning to feel better. You are my Healer. Thank you for showing me your unfailing love today. I am blessed. Show me where to walk. Guide and order my steps. Thank you for a wonderful wife and a beautiful family. I don’t deserve Your kindness. I give you my time today. Put things on my heart that You want me to do. I am at Your call. You are the most important thing on earth to me today. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: