Monday, October 06, 2008

Hung on Every Word He Said!

Esther 9; Esther 10; Luke 19
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Luke 19

47 After that, he taught daily in the Temple, but the leading priests, the teachers of religious law, and the other leaders of the people began planning how to kill him. 48 But they could think of nothing, because all the people hung on every word he said.

Observation

Are you tired of all the campaign ads?

I sure am. So much talking about nothing – what a difference with Jesus! I would have loved to have been in the crowds listening to Him or better yet I would have loved to have been one of His close disciples! How about you? Every illustration, every story, every Word was so exciting and so full of meaning that the people hung on every word He said.


As I have been reading through the Gospel of Luke I have found myself hung on His every word too! I think about what I have read during my morning devotional time all day long, hung on every word! This morning in Luke 19 I read about Jesus’ encounter with Zacchaeus, about our Lord’s triumphant entry into Jerusalem and His driving the moneychangers out of His Father’s Temple! And I also read in the Old Testament about Queen Esther and how God rewarded her courageous stand in taking up for her people – the Jews.

Application

I will continue to encourage our people to read God’s Word every day.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Your Word is so powerful and interesting. Help me to learn from Your Word every day.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

1 comment:

Rick Morgan said...

All the ads talk about change but we know where the real change comes from.