Tuesday, June 27, 2006

But…not wholeheartedly


II Ki. 13-14; II Chronicles 25; II Tim. 3

Scripture

II Chronicles 25: 2 He did what was right in the eyes of the LORD, but not wholeheartedly.

Observation

Amaziah was king of Judah. He did what was right in the eyes of the Lord, but not with his whole heart. He killed all of the officials that had a hand in murdering his father, but he did not kill their children because Moses said, "Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their fathers; each is to die for his own sins." So he obeyed God in that instance, but then continued to do evil. In reading about many of the kings that came to power during those days most of them were evil and did not follow the Lord. Amaziah half-heartedly followed God.

Application

God wants us to wholeheartedly follow Him. Over and over again in Scripture He reminds us that He wants 100% obedience and 100% of our hearts. Col. 3:17; Col. 3:23; Det. 6:5; Ps. 119:2; Pr. 3:5; Je. 29:13; Jl. 2:12


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to love you with all my heart, all my soul, and all of my might. I pray that you will be able to smile on me today! May I please you with my attitude and my actions today.




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: