Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Don't lose your head!

Amos 1-3; Psalms 80; II Tim. 4

Scripture

2 Timothy 4:5 But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.

Observation

Paul is fixing to lose his head, not literally, but he is getting ready to die. As he was chained in prison he tells Timothy to keep his head in all situations. It is incredible to think that while Paul was in prison, in terrible circumstances he was concerned about Timothy and how Timothy would handle similar situations. He says in verse five, keep your head in all situations and endure hardship. This reminds me of what Paul said in Philippians 4:13. In most translations it has Paul saying, “I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me.” But I think that the verse could also be understood to say, “I can endure all things through Christ that strengthens me”.

Application

I believe that what the Lord is saying to me today is that I need to keep my head on straight. I need to endure hardship (problems). And I need to focus on the most important thing … sharing my faith with others.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me not to whine and complain about difficult situations. Help me to think straight and keep my focus on what is most important. Bring people into my life today and help me to share my faith with them.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pastor Eddy - thank you for this posting today! This is a perfect message for me - I did almost lose my head earlier today. We have gone through three assistants at work in the past 2 months and I am the person who does that job when we are short someone - on top of my already demanding job. I was having a very difficult time this morning remembering how a Christian should act! I read your blog and was like WOW thanks for the boost - now I remember!!! Be thankful in everything - right? I am thankful I have a job to be stressed about!! See you tonight - Sandra

Eddy Williams said...

Sandra,

Thanks for taking time to write! I am glad that God has placed you in that office to be His Light and Witness. May you shine bright and be His representative in that work place! I do hope things settle down for you. I love you and your family!