Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Chariots of Fire


II Ki. 6-7; II Chro. 20; I Tim. 3

Scripture

II Kings 6:16 "Don't be afraid," the prophet answered. "Those who are with us are more than those who are with them." 17 And Elisha prayed, "O Lord, open his eyes so he may see." Then the Lord opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

Observation

Elisha prayed and asked the Lord to show his servant what was surrounding them. Elisha could see the horses and chariots of fire surrounding them. Elisha said, “Don’t be afraid. Those who are with us are more than those who are with them.


Application

When God is on our side we are always in the majority. We can never be out numbered. Heaven with all its angels is on our side. Psalms 121:1 “… where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.”


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thanks for your Word and all of its promises. In Psalms 121 you say that you will keep me from all harm-- you will watch over my life and you will watch over my coming and going both now and forever. Thank you for your wonderful care. You are worthy to be praised!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I thank you Lord for giving me the strength and determination to complete the work that you lay on my heart! Its only your GRACE that could get me through it!

With YOU I am not afraid to follow my heart!!

I look forward to all that you have in store for me in the future!
Thank You for Everything and ALL that you do!

"Fear" is no longer a Part of my Vocabulary!

Pastor Eddy, Thank You for everything you do for Your Church Family!!! Your dedicated, unselfish love for us ALL has guided us to be closer to the Lord and grow stronger as a FAMILY!

Eddy Williams said...

Betherine,

Thanks for taking time to write. I appreciate what you have shared. I pray that you continue to grow in the Lord. May God richly bless you in the days ahead!