Saturday, June 17, 2006

Are We Already in Heaven?

I Ki. 20, 21; 2 Chr. 17; Col. 3

Scripture

Col. 3:1 ‘Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God.’

Observation

Paul is saying that if you have a personal relationship with God through the Lord Jesus Christ then God already sees you in Heaven with Him. Our old lives are dead and our new lives are in Christ.


Application

Since Heaven is our permanent home and we are only passing through this earth. We need to act like citizens of Heaven. Put on Christ-likeness and put off the sins of this world.


Prayer

Father, help me to live like Heaven is my home. Help me to put Kingdom business first and don’t let me get wrapped up and consumed with stuff that really is only temporary.




No comments: