Friday, June 23, 2006

Try This!

II Ki. 10; II Chr. 22,23; I Tim. 5


Scripture

I Timothy 5:1-2 “Do not rebuke an older man harshly, but exhort him as if he were your father. Treat younger men as brothers, older women as mothers, and younger women as sisters, with absolute purity.”

Observation

Paul suggest to Timothy that he treat older men like fathers, younger men like brothers, older women as mothers, and younger women as sisters, with absolute purity. Absolute purity does not give any wiggle room for messing around, having impure thoughts, actions or motives. Timothy was a young man and Paul was instructing him how to get along with members of the body of Christ. It seemed that some of the older men were looking down on Timothy because of his age and Paul also warned Timothy not to let that bother him.

Application

The Devil is always looking for a foothold in our lives and he usually finds one in our relationships. We can’t afford to mistreat people or allow bad or wrong feelings to build up between us. We need to be on our guard. When we are attracted to someone of the opposite sex. We need to remind ourselves. Treat them like a mother or a sister or if you are a woman like a brother or a father!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to treat older men like fathers, younger men like my brothers, older women like my mother, and younger women like my sisters. Help me to be gentle, wise and loving towards the people I encounter today.




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: