Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Accountability!

Proverbs 25; Proverbs 26; Proverbs 27; Romans 15
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Proverbs 27

17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one man sharpens another.

Observation

One of the things that I enjoy the most these days is my men’s accountability group that I meet with every Thursday morning. I love those guys. I also meet with a group of pastors on Wednesday for lunch and we also hold each other accountable. And I meet one on one with guy every Wednesday afternoon for Bible study and a time of prayer. I am really concerned about the “Lone Rangers” at our church because they have no one that will help them grow. They have no one to keep them accountable. It is too easy for them to drift into sin and away for the Lord. Pastors that don’t meet with a group of men on a regular basis are heading for disaster. Satan loves to find a believer without the protection of a small group. The body of Christ needs each other and you have to make an effort to involve yourself in an accountability group.

Application

I will work harder at gathering our men into small groups so they can help each other grow in Christ.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be more effective in getting our men to meet together. I pray for a break through in the lives of our men. Show me what I need to do to help make them stronger in the faith. I pray for leaders to rise up from among our men and bring revival to our church. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: