Thursday, June 12, 2008

Who Are You Willing to Die For? What Will Make You Leave Your Church?

1 Kings 12; 2 Chronicles 10; 2 Chronicles 11; Philippians 2
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Philippians 2

25 But I think it is necessary to send back to you Epaphroditus, my brother, fellow worker and fellow soldier, who is also your messenger, whom you sent to take care of my needs. 26 For he longs for all of you and is distressed because you heard he was ill. 27 Indeed he was ill, and almost died. But God had mercy on him, and not on him only but also on me, to spare me sorrow upon sorrow. 28 Therefore I am all the more eager to send him, so that when you see him again you may be glad and I may have less anxiety. 29 Welcome him in the Lord with great joy, and honor men like him, 30 because he almost died for the work of Christ, risking his life to make up for the help you could not give me.

Observation

Epaphroditus was willing to die for Paul. Do you have people that will die for you? Is there a band of Christians that you would be willing to die for?

I am amazed at how superficial our relationships are today.

Who do you hang out with? Are you building life long friends at church right now?

Here is a test:

Let me ask you this, “If another Christian in a leadership position at church tells you to do something and you don’t like what they are telling you to do, do you immediately balk and begin to give reasons why you can’t go along and do what the person is saying.” Or do you say either out loud or by your actions, “Don’t tell me what to do!” Do you then get mad and maybe because your feelings are hurt or your pride has taken a hit do you decide to leave the church and go find another one?

How sad! It’s I’ll just pick up my toys and leave, but before I go I am going to make everyone else miserable because I am miserable and I am going to show everybody how right I am and how wrong the other person is!
Paul would send guys to go to another city and they would go. They would die for Paul. They would die for Christ. Thinking about “Self” was way down low on the totem pole for guys like Epaphroditus.

Application

I want to be a servant like Epaphroditus. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me have a servant heart today. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: