Sunday, June 01, 2008

A Wife of Noble Character

Proverbs 19; Proverbs 20; Proverbs 21; Romans 13
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Pr. 12:4 “A wife of noble character is her husband's crown, but a disgraceful wife is like decay in his bones.”

Pr. 18:22 “He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the Lord.”

Pr. 19:13 “A foolish son is his father's ruin, and a quarrelsome wife is like a constant dripping.”

Pr. 19:14 “Houses and wealth are inherited from parents, but a prudent wife is from the Lord.”

Pr. 21:9 “Better to live on a corner of the roof
than share a house with a quarrelsome wife.”

Pr. 21:19 “Better to live in a desert
than with a quarrelsome and ill-tempered wife.”

Observation

I am so glad that I am married to Kathy and not some of the other wives that I encounter at times. I come home and I let Kathy know that I am sure glad that I am married to her. Some guys I meet have to live out a Proverbs 21:19 existence with a grumpy, quarrelsome wife and I really feel sorry for them. Kathy is my crown and I am very proud of her and very grateful to God that He brought her into my life. It was definitely a God thing.

Application

I thank God for giving me such a great wife!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, you have been so good to me. I don’t deserve all that you have done for me. I couldn’t ask for a better person to do life together with than Kathy. You brought us together and you have taken care of us all these 38 years. I am blessed. I pray for guys that have to deal with quarrelsome wives and I pray that they get counseling and not let things get worse. Thank you for allowing us to have a great marriage when so many folks are struggling in theirs. Kathy is the best gift that you have ever given me. Thank you for bringing her into my life. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: