Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I Choose To Rejoice!

Song of Solomon 5; Song of Solomon 6; Song of Solomon 7; Song of Solomon 8; Philippians 1
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Philippians 1

18 But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice.

Yes, and I will continue to rejoice,

Observation

Our circumstances tend to rob us of our “joy”. Are you experiencing some difficult stuff right now?

People tend to rob us of our “joy” too. Do you have any difficult people in your life right now?

Paul had both, he had bad circumstances…he was in jail and he had people problems…those stirring up trouble for him while he was in jail. So he made a choice and he chose to rejoice!

You and I need to make the decision right now that no matter what we will rejoice! We will always have bad circumstances and we will always have people problems so the choice is ours.

Application

I choose JOY today. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am encouraged today as I read Philippians 1 and I see how Paul is able to have JOY while sitting in a jail cell. He could see the big picture. He could see above his circumstances. Give me the ability to see your hand at work in my life today and in the life of our church.

It is discouraging when I only look at circumstances and when I focus on people that are unhappy with me or when I pay too much attention to those that are just grumpy and unhappy with everybody. I choose today to rejoice. Yes, and I will continue to rejoice. In Jesus Name Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: