Friday, June 13, 2008

Forgetting Our Successes!

1 Kings 13; 1 Kings 14; 2 Chronicles 12; Philippians 3
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Philippians 3

12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.


Observation

Yesterday’s success can mess us up if we don’t press on to the things ahead of us! There is a goal ahead of us! Did you read verse 1 of Philippians 3 this morning, “Finally, my brothers, rejoice in the Lord!” Yesterday, I almost forgot this truth because of the “stuff” that came my way. It is good to be reminded again today to Rejoice!

Paul was always planning ahead! He was like a runner straining to cross the finish line. It was the way Paul lived his life. He was able to live that way because he knew that “his citizenship was in heaven. And he eagerly awaits a Savior from there…”

He lived differently here on earth because he knew that this was not his home. How differently are we living?

Application

Today I will think about the exciting things that God wants to do through me…more about Kingdom Business than anything else! How about you? Who do we need to talk to today about Jesus?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, with the economy the way it is and the world seemingly moving further away from you it would be easy to get discouraged. But since you let us know how all of this is going to turn out in the end we really don’t have anything to worry about and no reason to be discouraged. Help me today to focus on stuff that matters to you and not the stuff that really is not important. I tend to get those two things reversed as the day goes along. You are King of Kings and Lord of Lords. We have victory in you. We are winners already. Heaven is our reward and it is our goal. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: