Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Who Would You Risk Your Life For?

Proverbs 28; Proverbs 29; Psalm 60; Romans 16
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Romans 16

3 Greet Priscilla and Aquila, my fellow workers in Christ Jesus. 4 They risked their lives for me. Not only I but all the churches of the Gentiles are grateful to them.

Observation

Do you have any close friends that would risk their lives for you? Would you risk your life for your pastor or for a missionary like Paul? In the United States we don’t have to risk our lives for one another in fact we face very little persecution for calling ourselves Christ-followers following Christ in our country has very little negative consequences. This is not true in other countries like the Sudan, North Korea, China, or Algeria etc. In those countries the Christians understand what it means to risk their lives for each other.

Sometimes in our country we as Christians or as Christian leaders are asked to take a stand on something and sometimes when we take that stand we risk being misunderstood or even out right slandered because of our stance. It is a risk that we must sometimes take.

There are some folks that I am willing to die for…how about you? There are some causes that I am willing to risk taking a stand for…how about you?

Application

I will support my team when they stick their necks out to make necessary changes even if in making the changes they botch it a little bit.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me be a team player like Priscilla and Aquila. Help me risk my life, my reputation, my comfort, for others around me. I pray today for a servant heart. Give me discernment today so I can understand why people are acting the way they are so I can truly help them. Protect my staff against the fiery darts of the evil one. Help them to be both tough and gentle at the same time. Bring more people into my life that I would be willing to die for. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: