Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Need Some Help Talking To Your Wife…Try Solomon’s Song of Songs

Song of Solomon 1; Song of Solomon 2; Song of Solomon 3; Song of Solomon 4; Ephesians 6
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Song of Solomon 4

1 You are beautiful, my darling,
beautiful beyond words.
Your eyes are like doves
behind your veil.
Your hair falls in waves,
like a flock of goats winding down the slopes of Gilead.
2 Your teeth are as white as sheep,
recently shorn and freshly washed.
Your smile is flawless,
each tooth matched with its twin.
3 Your lips are like scarlet ribbon;
your mouth is inviting.
Your cheeks are like rosy pomegranates
behind your veil.
4 Your neck is as beautiful as the tower of David,
jeweled with the shields of a thousand heroes.
5 Your breasts are like two fawns,
twin fawns of a gazelle grazing among the lilies.
6 Before the dawn breezes blow
and the night shadows flee,
I will hurry to the mountain of myrrh
and to the hill of frankincense.
7 You are altogether beautiful, my darling,
beautiful in every way.

Observation

“You are altogether beautiful, my darling, beautiful in every way.” Kathy, that is how I feel about you this morning and verses 1-7 also speak for me about the way my mind constantly thinks about you.

God must have known that I needed to read the Song of Solomon this morning to show me that I need to lighten up some about life and enjoy what He has given me. I don’t deserve the life that I have been allowed to live and I sure don’t deserve having the wife that I have. Kathy, I am not sure though if I would have described your cheeks as rosy pomegranates, but I agree with everything else! If I ever see some rosy pomegranates then I may change what I just wrote!

Application

I am letting Kathy know that she is beautiful beyond words!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that you put it in my heart to love Kathy the way that I do. It is Agape Love. I am glad that it is also a romantic love that you have given me for Kathy. I love her more today than I have ever loved her in my life. She is beautiful in every way. Thank you for giving me such a woman. I am so proud of her. And I am not ashamed of letting the whole world know that she is my greatest joy! Bless her today. Fill her with Your joy. Give her the desires of her heart. Make her plans successful and answer her prayers. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

3 comments:

Paulette said...

Beautiful Eddy,
I loved this post today, you are both a remarkable couple, I know kathy feels the same way about you as well except the rosy cheeks!
I love you both and it was so amazing to be with you last week, I loved every minute of it.
I am praying for you as you prepare to go to Uganda and do what you do best, minister boldly for Christ. I will be your prayer warrior as you all go!
Love you

Paulette said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Eddy Williams said...

Paulette,

I put your comment on twice that is why it says comment deleted.

Thanks for taking a minute to write. We enjoyed your being with us and look forward to the next time we have a chance to enjoy your company. Good friends bring deep joy to our lives. Love, Eddy and Kathy