Monday, June 30, 2008

How to Handle Opposition!

Amos 7; Amos 8; Amos 9; Psalm 104; Titus 2
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Titus 2

6 Similarly, encourage the young men to be self-controlled. 7 In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness 8 and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us.


Observation

Do you have any opposition in your life? How you respond to opposition reflects who you really are! When you put tea in boiling water what do you get? You get great tasting tea! The boiling water brings out the rich tea flavor. Put a Christian in boiling water, or a pressure situation and examine their response and you will see what they are really like! You will sometimes hear someone say about someone that responds poorly when under the pressure of a situation, “oh that is not who they really are I don’t know what has gotten into them”, but the truth is that is exactly how they really are! That is what they are really like! Paul tells Titus to be a man of integrity, to be self-controlled, so that people will not have ammunition to use against him.

It bothers me that I have some people that don’t like me. Does it bother you? I would like everybody to like me, but I have realized that no matter how hard I try I cannot please everybody. In spite of their feelings about me I know that I must be a person of integrity. I must treat them with respect. I must love them. How I respond to criticism and personal attacks has everything to say about what I am really like so I must exercise self-control. When you squeeze a lemon what comes out? When you are being squeezed what tends to come out?


Application

Today I will enjoy my family and I will exercise self-control.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for my family. Thank you for my grown children and my grandchildren and help me to enjoy time with them today. Thank you for all that you did through the team that went to Uganda and I pray that they would be able to encourage others to think about going to help with the harvest field in Africa. You are so Wonderful. I pray today that you would guide and direct me as I talk to people today. Give me the self-control I need to be an effective witness for you. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: