Monday, June 09, 2008

The Bottom Line!

Ecclesiastes 10; Ecclesiastes 11; Ecclesiastes 12; Psalm 94; Ephesians 5
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Ephesians 5

10 Learn how to please the Lord.

Observation

My life goal needs to be the application of this verse, “learn how to please the Lord”. If I am always learning how to please the Lord I believe I will have lived a life worthy of Christ. My tendency is to drift back to doing what pleases “me” and that usually is not what pleases the Lord. In fact, my automatic default always steers my life back to “Me-ism”, how about you? I feel like Paul when he wrote Romans 7 and he said the things that I know I should do I don’t do and the things that I know I shouldn’t do I do.

Application

I desire to constantly learn how to please the Lord.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is not about “me” and it is all about “You”, but help me to remember that all day today. I want to be your hands and your feet today. I want to please You today. I pray for the Southern Baptist Convention today as they meet and I pray that strong leadership will emerge that will help our convention get is focus back. I pray for revival and I pray that you will use the leaders that are meeting together to bring revival. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: