Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Lord is His Name!

Amos 4; Amos 5; Amos 6; Psalm 86; Titus 1
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Amos 5

8 It is the LORD who created the stars,
the Pleiades and Orion.
He turns darkness into morning
and day into night.
He draws up water from the oceans
and pours it down as rain on the land.
The LORD is his name!
9 With blinding speed and power he destroys the strong,
crushing all their defenses.

14 Do what is good and run from evil
so that you may live!
Then the LORD God of Heaven’s Armies will be your helper,
just as you have claimed.
15 Hate evil and love what is good;
turn your courts into true halls of justice.
Perhaps even yet the LORD God of Heaven’s Armies
will have mercy on the remnant of his people.

Observation

Do you want to be blessed? Then you should do what is good and run from evil so that you may live! Then the Lord God of Heaven’s Armies will be your helper! If we will just love what is good rather than what is evil then God can have mercy on us and bless us.

The Lord that created Pleiades and Orion, the Lord of God Heaven’s Armies wants to take care of you and me. In Uganda we had the chance to look up into the beautiful stars and I believe that I saw more stars in the sky than I have ever seen before. He is a Wonderful Creator God that loves and wants to take care of you and me. All we have to do is be obedient.

Over a 1,100 Ugandans made decisions for Christ over the past two weeks during the medical clinics and nightly crusades in the villages. We had the chance to go visiting and witnessing “hut to hut” and we were graciously and lovingly warmly greeted by all of the Ugandans that we witnessed to. The days were very long, but very, very rewarding. It was a huge learning experience for me. Uganda is a harvest field and it is so very ripe for harvest. Pray to the Lord of the harvest that He will send more laborers into the field of Uganda. I got home this morning at 4 am after being on planes coming back from Uganda since Friday evening. A storm in Dallas turned my return trip home into more of an adventure and made it even longer and with much gratitude I crawled into my bed at 4:30 am. It is now 8:15 am and I must get to church, but I wanted to read my daily Bible reading and write something on my blog before I rushed to see everybody at church.

Application

I will immediately begin to make plans to return to Uganda. The field is ripe unto harvest!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for the experience of seeing your Mighty Power at work. We saw the Ugandan’s lives changed as we shared with them the Good News of the Gospel. I pray for the Nigerian man that I met on the way home in the taxi named “Romanos” who needed to be encouraged in his faith. Help him get into a church home. I pray for all the new believers and all the pastors that I worked with in Uganda. I pray that you strengthen them with your Power! Thank you for allowing me to go to Uganda. I pray for the American team that I went with that you bless them and give them good health and give them a chance to share their experience with lots of people. Lord God of Heaven’s armies help more churches go to Uganda to help reap your harvest In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: